Tuesday 14 February 2017

Mouse au Chocolat (Recipe in English)




Finally I've decided to start translating some of my posts. The original one can be found here in Spanish.

The first translated post is a recipe of a Chocolate Mouse. I did this recipe myself by joining several recipes I saw on the internet. Unfortunately I don't have the link, but all of them were kind of similar, and this one is modified by myself, I don't think it is necessary to link all the sources.



Ingredients: 
  • 200 g of melted chocolate, 
  • 50 g of butter, 
  • 200 g of heavy cream, 
  • 100 g of sugar, 
  • 3 middle sized eggs, 
  • 1 sheet of gelatine (or a couple of spoons of gelatine in powder),
  • Optional: a bit of "Sahnesteif" (A product sold in Germany to help whip the cream, it contains glucose, starch and calcium phosfate E341. I don't know the equivalent product outside Germany)  
Preparation: 
  1. We need to whip the heavy cream, using the "Sahnesteif" if we want to. 
  2. Put the gelatine sheet in cold water for some minutes. 
  3. Meanwhile we melt the chocolate in a water bath (bain-marie). When melted we add the butter. 
  4. Let the melted chocolate cool a bit and mix the three egg yolks, previously separated from the whites.
  5. Whip the egg-whites adding the sugar slowly until stiff. Add the gelatine, which would have been previously disolved in very little warm water.  
  6. Add to the melted chocolate mixture and mix smoothly. 
  7. Finally add the whip cream and mix again with soft movements to avoid loosing the mouse consistency. 
  8. Serve in cups, or the reservoirs where you want to serve them. 
  9. Cool in the fridge for at least 2 hours, if you serve in individual portions, or for at least 4 hours if you want to serve it in a big container. 
  10. You can decorate it with a little powder sugar, chocolate chips, or a leave of mint. Follow your inspiration ;-) ...

Evaluation: 



    • The first time I did this mouse, I had little pieces of gelatine in the mixture. Therefore I propose here to dissolve it previously in warm water before mixing it. I hope it works, but I didn't try it again yet. 
    • This recipe was way too sweet. For the next time, half of the sugar should be enough. Or maybe using plane dark chocolate without sugar. I didn't try this either, so if somebody tries, I accept suggestions ;-). 
    ¡Enjoy it!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment